Monday, July 13, 2009

My SMART Goal: Getting to know more about Hip-Hop Dance

Specific
I’ve been interested in Hip-Hop dance for a long time, since I was in primary school, but I never tried it before even didn’t know what it is exactly. But now, I get a chance for getting to know more about it since an assignment was required to do in Personal Development module, i.e. set a personal SMART goal and achieve it within week 13th. I believe that the goal will motivate me to put effort on it. I plan to achieve the goal because it sure is good for me to start learning Hip-Hop dance. On the other hand, I can explain it to my friends to let them get interested in it too so that both of us can enjoy in Hip-Hop dancing together.

Measurable
First of all, I will find out some information about Hip-Hop dance such as the history, types and skills by surfing internet. To let it more realistic, I should better learn some of the skills myself by watching some tutorial videos and learning from friends, so it is the next step I will do. I will do my best to catch them well. I decided to divide Hip-Hop dance into 3 main parts in my presentation as well as in my blog according to their characteristics of motions in dances, i.e. Locking, Popping and Breaking. I will set a time limit of about two weeks getting to know more each of them.

Achievable
I believe that I will know more about Hip-Hop dance by the set deadline, the week 13th. For the presentation, it will need much effort for information research and collecting to let the presentation is substantial in content and my friends are easier getting to know about it. I also need to know how to perform a good presentation as well so that I can get greater positive feedback from my friends after the presentation. My goal is achieved when a presentation with good feedback of audience is done.Relevant: The goal is relevant to me because by getting to know more Hip-Hop dance, I’m able to choose one type of Hip-Hop dance which is the most I’m interested in and start to learn it in a dance studio. I have a great passion in it and it can enrich my life as well. I think my life will be enjoyable with it. I could make friends easily with others through dancing. I wouldn’t spend too much time playing computer games again due to enjoying another hobby.

Relevant
The goal is relevant to me because by getting to know more Hip-Hop dance, I’m able to choose one type of Hip-Hop dance which is the most I’m interested in and start to learn it in a dance studio. I have a great passion in it and it can enrich my life as well. I think my life will be enjoyable with it. I could make friends easily with others through dancing. I wouldn’t spend too much time playing computer games again due to enjoying another hobby.

Time Reference

3 comments:

  1. I have got many informative data on your blog.
    Find here another great site like your's for Best Dance Studio for Locking and Popping in Hyderabad

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice Article!
    Thanks for Sharing such a great Article.
    Keep sharing :)


    Best Dance school in Vanasthalipuram

    ReplyDelete